The placement of the ssl_scache_expire() call in ssl_scache_init() is above
the vendor hook for scache_init.
ssl_scache_expire() also has a vendor hook in it for scache_expire. I
believe that the hook for scache_init should be called before the hook for
scache_expire.
My vendor expire() function depends on there being a memory pool available
from which to allocate memory to do various things. Since the expire() hook
doesn't pass in a pool pointer, I have to get it from the module
configuration context, and that, naturally, is set up in the scache_init
vendor function.
So I have been modifying ssl_scache_init() to have the scache_init vendor
hook above the call the ssl_scache_expire(). It seems to work just as well
either way.