Aha! Finally an opportunity to contribute a small thing. (And thanks to
all whose contributions have moved my projects forward!)

I have a Thawte certificate on a FastTrack 2.0 server and asked Thawte
about converting. They first pointed out that it's not the certificate I
need to convert but rather the CA's signiture of the certificate. They
then pointed me to this URL

http://www.thawte.com/support/server/fasttrack.html#movepvky

which points to another URL that tells of a very complicated dance
involving a copy of Netscape Navigator 3 AND 4. I decided to spend US$45
at Equifax instead. It was money well-spent. Good luck.

David Mitchell
coop-cdc.com