hi,

I am currently running a apache server with mod_ssl. I have implemented a new scheme
for my server related to secure session management while having a https connection.
For the same I wish to compare the erformance of the server
under the following two scenarois :
1. when the server is running under the  new scheme.
2. when the server is running a  completely SSL link with the client.

The performance atributes (to compare both the schemes)  which I am looking for are

1.Response time for the requests
2.load on the server when the request is made

I tried Apache Benchmark but firsly that is only for http connections and not https
connections, secondly it doesn't even give the attributes I want. I have also tried
logproxy and top (standard LINUX command) , but none could help releive my pain !!

If anybody has any information regrading the above, it will be appriciated. I am also
open to write my own script in Java/perl........if anyone one has ay hints regarding
this too it will be very helpful ( kindly Note: I haven't had the time yet to explore
the source code of Apache server, so if certain changes can be made to the creation of
the log files so that they could give what i want.........may also be a
solution..........so if you know in which file are the logs created kindly tell me)

Yours commerade in distress

Rohit Jain

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct