Thanks for the suggestion.  However, when I did it, I got this:

httpd -DSSL -l
httpd: illegal option -- D
Usage: httpd [-d directory] [-f file] [-v] [-h] [-l]
-d directory : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
-f file : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
-v : show version number
-h : list directives
-l : list modules

I tried it again without the minus (httpd DSSL -l) and just got the module
list I got before.  SSL didn't show up.