I have my session caching set to about 5 minutes, and now it's working
*but* -- I've had some trouble getting the system to *keep* the
ssl_scache file.  At this point I have a nightly process doing a
">>ssl_scache.pag" and ">>ssl_scache.dir" and "chmod 777
ssl_scache.???", but that certainly doesn't seem to be the optimal
solution.  never mind the security problem with the 777 mode, why
should I have to keep manually creating the file every night?  How was
it getting deleted, or the permissions changed?  Has anybody else seen
anything like this, or is it just another ridiculous quirk of this old
system on which I work?