You have just uncovered the real problem with using RPMs and mod_ssl which
breaks things.  Mixing RPMs from different sources (in this case the
RedHat secureweb rpm and the mod_ssl RPMs from the modssl.org site) leads
to unpredictable behavior.  In this case it broke MSIE support.

Using RPMs *does* work, you just have to be sure to get them all from the
same source.  In this case, that means getting them all (including Apache)
from the mod_ssl site (http://www.modssl.org/contrib/).  Mixing and
matching RPMs from different sources leads to problems due to the huge
number of variables when compiling mod_ssl.

-Dave