Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get apache with mod_proxy and mod_ssl (1.3.12/2.6.4) to
verify certificates on remote servers.  It would automaticaly accept
self-signed certificates which is clearly a vulnerability.

I activated SSL_EXPERIMENTAL mode, and the program compiled without
incident, but when I try to start httpd it quits.  Using gdb I discovered
that during the proxy initialization in ssl_ext_mp_init the SSL_CTX_new
call returns a null context.  Does anyone know what might be causing this
problem and if there is any obvious solution?

I noticed that the new version of mod_ssl (2.6.6) which came out yesterday
has a bugfix relating to the HTTPS proxy experimental code, but the
description of the bugfix seems unrelated to my problem.

I would appreciate any help, either to get the implementation of mod_ssl
working correctly, or to give me some tips as to how I can write my
own verification code using the openssl crypto library.

Thanks,
-Kevin