Hi all,

previously i installed suse6.4(kernel2.2.14) with
apache etc.
since the bundled openssl & modssl didn't really
work..i reinstalled it again myself..in the prefix
directory /usr/local/apache.

my ques:
1.everytime i restart my server, it'll default to the
original apache, so each time i need to command
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/apache stop
then i restart my new server with
#/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
-how do i make sure that apachectl will restart
automatically each time my server is restarted instead
of the 'old' httpd?

-why is it that after i run startssl(as above), when i
checked
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/apache status
it'll report ..ok & how long httpd has started. if i
put "/etc....apache  stop" my apachectl is also
stopped.
can anyone tell me what's the connection between this
apache & apachectl(ps.i did cp apachectl into
/etc/rc.d/init.d)

2.the default apache comes with many modules e.g.
php3,perl etc & i found out that i need to recompile
apache to include them into my 'new' apachectl. does
it mean that in the future if i were to add new
modules, i've to recompile apache & also reconfigure
httpd.conf?

thanks in advance for all your help. really appreciate
it.
rgds
tk

=====
0Oo~~:o)
Smile! You'r Alive!!!

Q:What's peacefulness?
A:What's confusion? Peacefulness is the end of confusion.

o.0.Oo.o May there be peace in every step we take :o):tk