On Fri, Sep 01, 2000, elbetech.at Support wrote:

> i have compiled for a debian 2.2 potato the apache 1.3.12 with mod_ssl 2.6.6
>
> This is my problem:
>
> i can use http & https inside the lan (192.168.1.x), but not https from
> outside via official static ISDN-ip.
> the normal http is working fine. In the logfile stands: "unknown request
> method ..a.."
> The browser donīt open anything. Inside the lan, this problems doesnīt
> exist.
>
> I asume, there is a problem with isdn4linux. I donīt use
> firewalling/ipchains or other things. The ISDN-IP is static and bounded
> correctly to the interface. All other daemons on this machine works great.
>
> Where is the problem ?

I guess your HTTPS <VirtualHost> is bound not to the external IP and so the
main server tries to answer the request with HTTP only. Check your
configuration and make sure you use <VirtualHost _default_:443> and
don't have either no Listen directives or Listen directives
for both internal and external addresses.