On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 12:55:30PM +0530, Vinoj Vijayan wrote:
> Hi
> We are trying to install mod_ssl 2.6 with Apache 1.3.12 on Solaris 2.7 on
> which there is another version of Apache(1.3.6) already installed.
>
> We are getting the following error statements on trying to install the
> mod_ssl for our version of apache.Both the 'apaches' reside in the same
> server area.(Is that the problem ?!!!)
>

> This is the configure statement that we are using :
> # ./configure \  --with-apache=/usr/local/apache_1.3.12  \
> --with-ssl=/usr/lo
> cal/openssl-0.9.5a \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache_1.3.12
>
> And these are the errors that we get :
> --------------------------------------
> Configuring mod_ssl/2.6.6 for Apache/1.3.12
> ./configure:Error: Cannot find Apache 1.3 source tree under
> /path/to/this/apache
> _1.3.12
> ./configure:Hint:  Please specify location via --with-apache=DIR

The --with-apache should be pointed at a fresh apache source tree,
it should never be the same as --prefix. Also make sure that you
type the optinons correctly ... using \ on the command line is only
for the end of the line (and signifies that this command continues
on the next line) - your " ./configure \  --with-apache " is
not correct. Either use a single line with no \ or end each
intermediate line with a \

vh

Mads Toftum