----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2000, Clive Hughes (Hotmail) wrote:
>
> > Actually I get a Bus Error (10) on my Sun Ultra 5 (dev) and a
Segmentation
> > Fault (11) on my Sun E250 (prod)
> >
> > Both running Solaris 7 same Apache+mod_ssl build.  Both run fine without
> > mod_ssl but this is not the solution!
> >
> > I have the same behaviour when trying different builds and different
config
> > settings as mentioned by Dave.  However it does affect me in that my
browser
> > comes back with an error and refreshing the page can take a while as the
> > children tend to die together.
> >
> > I, too, would like to find a fix.
>
> As it looks, all of you who have seen segfaults, have them on Solaris. Let
me
> suggest you to re-build Apache+mod_ssl+OpenSSL as a static program (no
DSOs at
> all)? Because the brain-dead "load modules twice" approach of Apache is
> horribly disliked by the dynamic loader of some (but not all) Solaris
versions
> as experience showed.

This is how I build it:

openssl:
/config --prefix=... --openssldir=...
make
make test
make install

mod_ssl:
/configure --with-apache=...

apache:
/configure

php:
CFLAGS='-I /usr/local/include/openssl' ./configure --with-apache=...
(other options)
make
make install

apache:
SSL_BASE=/usr/local
/configure --prefix=/www --activate-module=...(PHP)  --enable-module=ssl
make
make certificate
make install

Isn't this the correct way to build it if I don't want any DSO's at all?  Or
have I built it incorrectly?

Thanks for the help so far; hope this can be resolved

Clive