"Wallace, William" wrote:

> Does the address you're using to access the site match the site name in the
> certificate? IE chokes with some SGC certificates if it doesn't. You can
> turn off this behavior in IE by checking "Check for server certificate
> revocation" in the advanced security settings.

  Yes , AFAIK , certificate and server name do match.
  Currently i'm using openssl0.9.4, so MSIE in W2000 works.
  Don't know about others, im still seeing same errors as before in the
logs.
  Can somebody enlighten me, what do i miss, when i do use openssl 0.9.4
, not 0.9.6?

> > [Tue Oct 17 10:07:52 2000] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake
> > failed (server
> > www.eyp.ee:443, client ......  (OpenSSL library error follows)
> > [Tue Oct 17 10:07:52 2000] [error] OpenSSL:
> > error:14094412:SSLroutines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert
> > bad certificate [Hint: Subject CN in certificate not server name or
> > identical to CA!?]
> > (Lots of them).

Thanks in advance,

Priit Randla