Hiendl Elke wrote:

> I have Apache1.3.12, modssl 2.6.6-1-3-12 and openssl 0.9.6 running on
> Caldera OpenLinux 2.3. I configured my Apache to listen only to Port 443. I
> am able to start Apache, but when I type: https://myserver.domain.com , the
> whole thing just hangs; when I look in  the error.log I get following:
>
> [] [error] [client 192.168.3.42] Invalid method in request +
>
> It also tells me, that it could not bind to Port 443 (Adress already in use:
> make_sock: could not bind to port 443)
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.7/ssl_faq.html#ToC19 tells
you how to manually check your HTTPS server. This will
tell you if something is listening to 443.

> When I try to start with apachectl startssl, I am told that the command was
> not found ????
> Sounds all very strange to me, can anybody help me?
It sounds to me that your PATH doesn't include
apachectl.

whereis apachectl

should help. What happens if you point your web
browser at https://localhost/ ?

Adam.