Caldera keeps apachectl in /etc/httpd/bin   I would issue something like

apachectl start ; tail /var/log/httpd/apache/error_log

and see what kind of error log it generates

For more specific info about Caldera+Apache and other Caldera related
subjects check out http://linux.nf/stepbystep.htm and go to
Apache->Armand Document

Armand