On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 02:55:14PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am trying to create self signed certificates for my site.  The self signed
>certificate was made following the directions in the FAQ section under the
>www.modssl.org site (using the sign.sh script)

I can only give you a wild guess. Maybe MSIE does not like self signed
certificates as root CAs because they are missing the CA bits.
You are much likely better off by creating your own CA and then sign your
server certificates yourself. The CA.pl (or CA.sh) utility of OpenSSL makes
this easy for you. (I did not check whether ModSSL includes its own tools...)

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/