Hi Wohlgemuth,

here is what Netscape is saying about caching SSL pages

Disabling Caching for SSL-Transferred Documents

By default, Navigator doesn't store SSL-transferred pages in its disk cache,
although an option in the Preferences dialog box allows them to
do so. You can permanently disallow SSL document caching with the following
preference.

     browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl

     The default for this preference is false (SSL pages are not retained in
disk cache). Set false with the lockPref() function to
     make the setting permanent. A value of true would cause such pages to be
retained.

To change this you have to edit your prefs.js file
Maybe this helps you further.

"Wohlgemuth, Michael J." wrote:

> First off, I'd like to thank everyone that offered help with the load
> balancing question.  The ssl3 sticky sessions on the LocalDirectors should
> do the trick for us.
>
> Now, on to my new question, and I hope I can explain it without thoroughly
> confusing everyone:
>
> We have modssl configured with an SSLSessionCacheTimeout of 300 seconds.
> One of the web applications running on the server uses frames, with one
> frameset containing an HTTP form, and the other frameset having navigation
> buttons, including the submit button.  The design and implementation of
> these pages is out of my control.  When the user hits the submit button, the
> page runs some JavaScript that performs an HTTP post on the frameset with
> the form.  This works fine as long as the user doesn't take longer that 300
> seconds to fill out the form and hit submit.  If modssl expires the session
> cache, the browser clears all the entries in the HTML form.  This leads me
> to believe that the browser is somehow limiting access from one frameset to
> the other based on the session id, and since the session ids don't match, it
> is clearing the form data.  We see this behavior in both IE and Netscape.
>
> So, on to my questions:
>
> 1.  How, in general, do browsers manage access to locally cached secure
> pages.  Does my interpretation above make any sense?
>
> 2.  If my interpretation above is correct, is there any way to change this
> behavior in the browser's configuration?
>
> 3.  If my interpretation is not correct, does anyone have any idea why the
> forms data is getting cleared?
>
> 4.  The obvious workaround here is to increase the SSLSessionCacheTimeout.
> Is their any recommended maximum value for this?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

* Linux Viruscan.....
             Windows 95/98/NT/WIN2000 Found  Remove it ? (Y/y)

   Marcus Lachmanez
   System Analyst
   INTERNET PRODUCTS TEAM

   Oracle Germany