At 10:51 +0100 10/1/01, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

>- I remember having seen problems with Netscape and normal (no TLS/SSL)
>   connections with some sites. The data came in fast and was more or less
>   complete (totally complete from my impression), but the transfer was not
>   flagged as finished and hence Netscape waited (for the last byte to come
>   in?). Of course, the average transfer rate displayed was reduced during
>   this waiting process. I don't remember which sites these were and actually
>   there was our universities proxy in between, so please don't ask for
>   details.

try tuning your TCP/IP stack on solaris
http://www.rvs.uni-hannover.de/people/voeckler/tune/EN/tune.html
--
Thierry Coopman - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
My opinions are personal, and have really nothing or nothing to do

*** Disclaimer:

This disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado,
tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God,
neglect, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna
or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag,
electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer
adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an
airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motorvehicle crashing,
dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest
fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets,
shot, BB's, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of
X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.).

***