>On Fri, Jan 12, 2001, Doremus, Matthew wrote:
        >
        >> I have been looking through the mod_ssl v7.2.1 SHMHT code and it
>appears
        >> that each server creates it's own hash table in the allocated
shared >memory.
        >> Does this imply that when using SHMHT servers only retrieve
sessions >that
        >> they themselves have stored ?
        >
        >No, the hash table is shared over all server processes, because the
        >underlaying memory allocator is shared memory based. This means
that >all
        >server processes can store sessions and every other can reuse it.
        >
        >                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
        >                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        >                                       www.engelschall.com

        >Automated List Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is this to say that an underlying memory allocator would return an address
from the malloc function of memory which had previously been allocated by
another process ?  This seems to be somewhat chaotic for any memory
allocation, shared or not. But, assuming that the allocations are somehow
made common it seems that the initialization of the hash table in the
table_alloc routine would then reinitialize the common hash table each time
new servers are started up.