David Rees wrote:

> > You did type the passphrase twice, did you, despite the fact that Apache
> > asked for it only once?. It typically hangs (or appears to do so) if you
> > don't type it twice. It's a bug that has been discussed in this more
> > than once, and although patches have been suggested, the bug is still
> > there in the standard Apache/1.3.14 modssl/2.7.2 Win32 distribution.
>
> I'm not sure who put that build under the Contrib section and not sure if
> that's really the right build from CVS (since modssl 2.7.2 doesn't exist),
> but if you want to make sure that you've got the good one, get the source
> from CVS and build from that.

Oops, I just typed the version number from the original mail. Anyway,
when I built the new 2.7.1 (tarball from
www.modssl.org/source/mod_ssl-2.7.1-1.3.14.tar.gz) on a clean Apache
1.3.14 (tarball from the Apache
httpd.apache.org/dist/apache_1.3.14.tar.gz) I to my surprise concluded
it still had the passphrase problem in it.

Regards,
Jan