I don't want to prolong this discussion longer than necessary, however "a
large webfarm with really good loadbalancing" indicates you are running
several servers and a load balancer. If we are looking at an individual
server (which of course we must be if we are talking about a PCI card) then
my comments still stand, that the crypto card is working many times faster
than the processor can at present. However, real on-chip support for SSL
encryption would be quicker still, but we don't have that. IMHO the card is
better value for money than extra servers etc.

However, it wouldn't be so much of an issue if IE didn't exist!

-
Happy new Millennium - http://www.rog.nmm.ac.uk/mill/index.htm
John Airey
Internet Systems Support Officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute for the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [EMAIL PROTECTED]