> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Is there anybody to tell me : How can i force in the apache
> > configuration file the use of a ssl connection for a particular
> > directory without using virtual hosts ?

You'll probably have to run a whole seperate server if you aren't using
vhosts.

The choice of protocol is done before the connection is established;
path translation is way later. What you *could* do, however, is to have
the index page in that directory check the port number or something.
mod_perl makes that pretty easy; Apache::Request probably does, too.
I'm not sure off the top of my head how you'd do it without perl. If
it's not secure, redirect to the secure server.

You could kind of do it anyway, just as a matter of course. Have the
index page (I'd recommend a CGI) do an external redirect to the secure
socket. Obviously, you have to have an SSL server running somewhere,
either as another server or as a vhost or *something*, but then the
default page in that directory will redirect to the https://
other-page.

But you can't have just one directory be SSL on one server, because the
SSL protocol has to be established *WAY* before the server knows what
directory the user wants.....