Hi

I'm setting up an server cluster that will be serving both SSL and non-SSL
content. We'll be serving millions of hits a day - probably around 0.5% of
these will be under SSL.

The same physical hosts will be serving both the http and the SSL content.
My question is: is it better to have one image of Apache, with mod_ssl
compiled in, serving all requests, or is it better to have two seperate
images of apache running on the same machines, one serving only http and the
other only https?

My main concern is with performance. My tests indicate that there's not much
difference, but I'm not sure that this will be true in a real-world
situation. Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I overlooking any
important factors?

Thanks,
Matt