Hello,

has anyone made expirience compiling/running apache 1.3.17 with
mod_ssl-2.8.0-1.3.17?

[...]
I had some trouble with apache 1.3.14/mod_ssl-2.7.1-1.3.14 and openssl
0.9.5a, I had to use openssl-0.9.6in order to get it running, but sad,
no more certs were working
(selfsigned ones for  internal use), I made new ones and everything
works fine...
[....]
mod_ssl-2.8.0-1.3.17/INSTALL tells me I need:

Package:      OpenSSL
      Version:      0.9.x

which would include 0.9.5a, but I would like to hear if anyone got it
running, or if there were problems?

Another question, on the machine I compiled 1.3.14, I installed mm-1.1.3
as written in the install,
do I really need it, and will it work with openssl-0.9.5a (again), or is
it just needed, as I read from the docs, to
speed things up?

As I'm a bit afraid as these are production server and I wouldn't want
that the offical signed certs are no more working...:-(

Best regards

Michael Heiming
Sysadmin