Well...

        As far as I can tell, my config is correct. ;-)  startssl seems to
get Apache up w/o any problems...  However,  when I go to
https://www.domain.com the browser just hangs...   So, I played around a
bit and found that http://www.domain.com:443/ does work.  I want all of my
port 443 traffic to be encrypted, and I'm not sure why it
isn't.  When I added a SSLRequireSSL to my :443 VirtualHost, I get a
forbidden message.  Error logs say that the page was forbidden b/c the
page wasn't SSL.  Even so, I shouldn't be getting that, I should be
getting

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<P>
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.<BR>
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.<BR>

when I try.

Here's the pertinent info:

Server: Apache/1.3.17 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_ssl/2.8.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6
OS: Solaris 8
<IfDefine SSL>
<VirtualHost <domain.com>:443 <domain.com>:443>
        SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache/conf/ssl.crt/my.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache/conf/ssl.key/my.key
        SSLEngine on
        SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
                 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
                 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0