on 2/26/01 3:17 AM, Christian Jürges at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> has anybody out there a working installation with apache, mod_ssl, apache on
> any unix flavor that an Apple with OS 9.1 can connect?
> We could only get a connect (with warnings from Browser) only by using
> SSLProtocol all -SSLv3.

The thing that did the trick for my setup was to have the following lines
(in the appropriate places) in my httpd.conf file:

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

SSLSessionCache  dbm:/var/cache/httpd/ssl_cache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300

Others report that the shm cache is better, but my Linux system reported
errors doing that, so I used a dbm cache instead.