The use of the work "superior" is a subjective one. Just as some say that
Picaso is superior to Michaelangelo. Because there are different styles to
doing the same thing, does not mean that they should be criticized in a
manner which solves nothing, but adds fuel to fire. Saying x is superior
over y, while on the surface may appear true, only after looking at
tangible evidence and reasons behind why x is superior to why and vice
versa can we atain enlightenment about that which we claim. I realize this
because I work in an office which is sometimes painful. Plenty of claims
about this is better than that, but no real substantiation about anything.
People can talk from experience, but sometimes that's not enough. Proof of
the pudding and all that.

I thing what you are saying here is good feedback, but let's try to debate
the reasons, rather than speculate. I think it is a mistake not to use
mod_ssl code in Apache 2.0, but with no truly objective debate happening
in the Apache list(from what I've seen I don't consider 'mod_ssl is
spaghetti' as objective), then both projects suffer. Mod_ssl less than the
ASF I think, but that's the way it is. Does it mean that this won't
change? Not really, it just means that _if_ it changes, it will take a
while and probably be painful.

Thank you all for your ear, and sorry if it's a bit long. I'm quite
passionate about OpenSource and what it's potentials are. It simply
breaks my heart to see people who are usually enlightened enough to
believe in freedom and openness breed politics into something so good.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect