At 10:55 PM 03/04/2001 , you wrote:
>Over my head, and apparently our web master also.  We have mod_ssl running
>on a linux box.  Netscape usually works.  IE 4 doesn't load all the
>references (graphics and .js fils) that means it loads SOME and they are
>all referenced the same.  Hit refresh and there is an 'error in secured
>channel'  wait a while, and refresh works again.  Where does one look?

I don't know if this is pertinent, but I am having an intermittent
problem as well.  I submitted this to DavExplorer and mod_dav
yesterday.

I am using DavExplorer 0.71 in SSL mode with:
  Apache_1.3.19
  mod_ssl_2.8.1
  mod_dav_1.1.0
  Windows 98 SE

When I try to write files from the local directory to the
web directory I sometimes get a Java message from DavExplorer:
 >Connection error:
 >java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

The DavExplorer log shows:
========= Outbound Message Header =========
PUT /davssl/jdk11htm.exe HTTP/1.1
Host: www.deocs.com:443
Connection: TE
TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress

The Apache error log reports a one line error:
 > [Sun Mar 11 13:39:18 2001] [error] [client 192.168.1.1]
 > An error occurred while reading the request body.  [400, #0]

The error seems to be likely to happen with files of 100K bytes
or more, and some files will work after trying them a few times.

Thanks,
Dave