Hi,

I'm new to ssl and am having some trouble getting some things to work
properly. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

use VirtualHosts to define two different servers: foo1 and foo2. Both
should answer only ssl requests. I have the following in the httpd.conf:

<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 10.1.1.2:80 # I figure this isn't really necessary
Listen 10.1.1.2:443
</IfDefine>

NameVirtualHost 10.1.1.2:443

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.2:443>
ServerName foo1.aaa.com
...and so on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.2:443>
ServerName foo2.aaa.com
</VirtualHost>

When I try to connect to https://foo2.aaa.com, netscape gives me a broken
pipe. There is no error in the error_log.

What am I confused about here? I *thought* (ideas came from the FAQ on
modssl) that I would be able to say <VirtualHost 10.1.1.2:443 10.1.1.2:80>
and get both ssl and non-ssl, but I get even stranger errors then! So I'm
going for just the ssl solution.

I'm using the latest stable apache 1.3.19, openssl 0.9.6, and modssl
2.8.1-1.3.19

Thanks
Ben