>Hi
>I'm having trouble with the installation of the
>Apache_1.3.19-Mod_SSL_2.8.2-OpenSSL_0.9.6-WIN32.zip
>The file was downloaded from the contribution area.
>
>When starting the apache I got a message:
>"Syntax error on line 205 of c:/java/tools/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load c:/java/tools/apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: (126) The
>specified module could not be found: "

I submitted this earlier for the "apache, modssl, win32" email thread,
but I haven't seen it back in email.  That thread is discussing error (182)
and may have a different underlying problem.    I was able to create the
(126) error that you reported as shown below:

If I hide the SSL files from the execution path I get a similar
error(126) when I try to run Apache with SSL.  The SSL files are:
 >ssleay32.dll
 >libeay32.dll
 >openssl.exe

So the problem may be with Apache loading files that support
mod_ssl.so.  It seems to run if it can find just "ssleay32.dll".
I don't know if it needs all three to run, but I normally have all
three in the execution path

Dave