Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set a reverse-proxy, it worked fine until I started to use
rewrite
rules. All my rewrite rules are working fine when SSLEngine off, but
doesn't
work when SSLEngine is on. Not a thing is logged, not even the init of the
rewrite engine.

I am using apache-1.3.12, mod-ssl-2.6.6 and openssl-0.9.5a. I tried with
apache-1.3.19 and mod-ssl-2.8.2 and got exactly the same problem.

I am now fighting 3 days with that and I started to debug httpd to see what

is going on.

Thanks,
Gaetan

here an extract of the httpd.conf

RewriteEngine  on
RewriteLog  /tmp/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel  9
RewriteRule  /base/images  /images

# .... snip ....

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
SSLEngine                on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile       /home/base/conf/ssl.crt/base-server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile    /home/base/conf/ssl.key/base-server.key
SSLSessionCacheTimeout   300
SSLLog                   /home/base/logs/SSLEngineLog.proxy
SSLLogLevel              debug
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions inherit
ProxyPass /base https://localhost:8443/base