The mod_ssl patch file changes a bunch of things, most of which make sense.
One has me scratching my head.  In http_main.c, in the setup_listeners()
function, it adds the following lines:

        if (fd >= 0) {
            FD_SET(fd, &listenfds);
            if (fd > listenmaxfd)
                listenmaxfd = fd;
        }

This wouldn't be odd except for a couple of things:
* setup_listeners() already does all of this, so once patched, it happens
twice.  Granted, the existing one does not check the fd value first, and
this might be considered broken.  But then the patch doesn't stop values
less than zero from being used, so it doesn't actially fix this behavior.
* Most patches are clearly delineated by "#ifdef EAPI".  This one has no
"#ifdef".

What gives?  Why do this twice?

--
Tom Harrington