Thanks Mike for that input. However, my worry is I am running on Windows.
Hope Windows versions support the changes!!!
I wanted to set up the SSLSessionCache as well and I am not sure whether
what I am doing here -
> SSLSessionCache dbm:/sslcache
> SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300
is correct. I searched for  a Windows specific command.. didn't find one!

Meanwhile, what is SSLCertificateChain file? If I have a global Id, where
will the intermediate 'pem' file can be found? Do I still need one??

Thanks in advance.

Rajaram

                    Michael Ott

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    iemens.de>                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Re: IE Issues with SSL

                    owner-modssl-users@

                    modssl.org

                    04/04/01 03:07 AM

                    Please respond to

                    modssl-users

hallo rajaram!

try it with this. it works on a linux ( Apache_1.3.14, mod_ssl_2.7.2,
openssl_0.9.6)

> SSLMutex sem
> SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
> #Is this statement appropriate in windows??
> SSLSessionCache dbm:/sslcache
> SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300
>
> SSLLog logs/SSL.log
> SSLLogLevel debug
> # You can later change "info" to "warn" if everything is OK
>
> <VirtualHost abc:443>
> SSLEngine On
> SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/abc.cert
> SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/abc.key
> SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
> downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
> SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
> </VirtualHost>

  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/test-cert.pem
  SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/test-intermediateca-cert.pem
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/test-key.pem
  SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
        nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
        downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
  SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
  SSLSessionCacheTimeout 15
  SSLVerifyClient 0
  SSLVerifyDepth 10
  SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth