I re-configured my Linux system to have a server name of "MyServerName", and
the domain to "MyCompanyName.com" gave it an IP address of "127.0.0.1" and
disconnected the LAN cable from the NIC. Also made a certificate to reflect
"MyServerName.MyCompanyName.com", and disabled the manual proxy from
Netscape and used "direct internet connection". Then launched with "netscape
https://MyServerName.MyCompanyName.com " and the default secure web page of
Open_SSL came up (for the first time!). Netscape complained about the
certificate but "OK'ing" the warnings allowed me to see the secure web page.
I was able to consistently get the secure web page. I powered down the
computer and went home. The next day, I booted the system up and could no
longer get the secure web page: Netscape gives the message "Netscape network
connection refused by the server MyServerName.MyCompanyName.com The server
may not be accepting connections or may be busy. Try connecting again
later". However, if I use http instead of https, I can get the non-secure
web page, so looks like both the Netscape and the server are working on
non-secured mode. Once the non-secure page is up, I add the "s" to http and
I get the above refusal message.

Can anyone suggest how to simplify this further? Or possibly suggest a set
of defaults? My goal is to be able to display a secure web page on the same
server machine.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge