Hello,

I tried installing SSL support on my RH6.2 apache server and could not get
it to work.  So, I took a clean FreeBSD4.3 machine.  I followed the
directions on http://www.modssl.org/example/ exactly and when I run
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl or just start (without the ssl
support) I get a ton of warnings; one for almost every module listed in the
httpd.conf file:

[Sat Jul  7 11:38:54 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile
it with -DEAPI)
[Sat Jul  7 11:38:54 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_env.so uses plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)

Apache starts and serves content, but these errors always show up and SSL
still does not work.  I was able to install the test certificate without any
errors.  I removed everything and installed apache on it's own and it works
like a champ.  I added the ssl support afterwards again with the same
results.

Can someone please explain how I compile with DEAPI and if it's really
necessary and why (when you copy and paste the directions exactly) these
errors occur.

Thanks.