Hello All,

After 2 weeks, I'm finally going to ask the question, sorry. I have seen this topic in many, many posts to this list and others and all of them seem to be without definitive answers. It must be me <shrug!>.

I would like to set up SSL reverse proxying to my back end server on a private network I don't want the proxy server to decrypt and re-establish SSL to backend server. Just pass it straight through please, same as outgoing SSL connections. It should appear to the end user as if they have connected directly to the backend server via SSL including cert authentication.

The big questions I have are

"Is anyone actually doing this?"
"Where are the hints and tips?"

All pointers are gratefully accepted!