I just discovered the hardship of using a binary installation of Apache...
Can't install FP Extensions to it. (sigh)

So I am preparring to build the apache server using the src's .. Question is
I already have SSL up and running (mod_ssl) ... Running under apache 1.3.19
now the newest download from both apache and mod_ssl are the apache 1.3.20
variants.. Question is if I use the newer .20 src's to build my appache can
I simply drop in the backed up copies of my key and crt files and will she
start up without throughing a fit? I have never upgraded a live server
before I have always waited untill the cert ran out and did everything then.

In this case we just got the cert a week ago and now the clients are
demanding FP support so I need to get it installed one way or another.

Spacifics on my system:

OS: Linux Mandrake 8.0
Current Web Server: Apache 1.3.19 (default install from Mandrake no source
avalible on server)
Current SSL Server mod_ssl 0.9.6 (version ID from 'openssl version' command)

Upgrading to: Apache 1.3.20 (from source distribution files)
Upgrading to:  2.8.4-1.3.20 (from source distribution files)

Thanks in advance!

--JT
Network Administrator
http://www.webcommanders.com