Our system:
  • Linux RedHat 7.1 2.4.2-2 kernel
  • Apache 1.3.19
  • modssl 2.8.1
  • openssl 0.96
Our Problem:

        Older windows IE users and all MAC IE users are getting errors trying to talk to the secure portion of our site.  We did not have this problem with the Stronghold server (2.4.2).   The basic error message is that the names on the certificate don't match, they do, and then a variation of "Security, Encryption, Decryption, SSL Errors:" pops up.

We recognize that the IE browsers have an issue with SSLv3 per the FAQ.  We would like to know the risks we are exposing our site to by using the flag to not use SSLv3 for ANY of the clients via the

   SSLProtocol all -SSLv3

configuration directive?

Any feedback on this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks

--sean

Sean Shanny
Director of Development
eZiba.com
phone: 413-664-9999 ext. 146
fax: 413-664-9990
Mobile: 802-688-7925
Pager: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 802-749-2922
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shop http://www.eZiba.com where every object tells a story.