Try ensuring the SSLRequire directive are in vhosts on port 443 only, along
with SSLEngine on ... and that all other vhosts (particularly the ones on
port 80) have an SSLEngine off.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jay Burgess
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 3:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: mod_ssl/apache problem

A good suggestion is to search the list archives at
"http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl";.  I did and found the
following entry from Ralf back in March of 2000:

     "The problem is just that you are speaking HTTPS to a port where only
HTTP is spoken."

I seem to remember a similar error when I hadn't properly set up my
"Listen" directive for port 443 in httpd.conf e.g.

<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 80
Listen 443
</IfDefine>