just trying again.  does anyone have an idea regarding the best way to proceed
from here?  i will probably modify my config to use shared memory instead of a dbm
in any case, so i'd rather remove the sdbm references from the ssl module than
the perl module.  i can probably change all references from sdbm to xdbm in the
mod_ssl source directory and recompile.  i was just hoping for a more elegant
solution.

tia!