On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, James W.Blackwell wrote:

> I've had several people report problems with the secure side of the
> site.  Usually it's that images are not being served on secure pages.
> Sometimes a couple of the images come through but not all (and
> randomly).  Very rarely they get no response from the server at all.
>
> The people having the problem seem to be running IE4/5, one has a
> CompuServe branded version of IE, and two others are using AOL5.  I
> could just tell them all to upgrade, but that's not a solution.

Try adding the following to your config:

BrowserMatch "MSIE [1-4]" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
                          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
BrowserMatch "MSIE [5-9]" ssl-unclean-shutdown
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

That seems to be the current best solution to this problem that has been
discovered experimentally on this list over the past year or so.

--Cliff