On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:10:10PM -0400, Paul G. Weiss wrote:
> ( My apologies if this is posted twice. )
>

> I have processes that appear to hang for a considerable period of time
> while waiting for a read to complete.  I would have thought that there
> would be a timeout but apparently not.
>
> My server is:
> Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25_01-dev mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6
>
> Running on Solaris 2.7.
>
> There are actually two flavors of hanging processes.  Here is how they
> look with pstack:

[SNIP]

> Look familiar to anyone?

It is way too early in the morning to read pstack traces for me. But
you may want to look into your settings for SSLRandomSeed -
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC4
If it is blocking, you may experience hangs like this.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"