I am trying to define directory level access permissions on an Apache server
based on information on certificates in a certificate chain, using .htaccess
files.
I checked the variables available and (unless I am mistaken) I cannot
get hold of information on any certificate in the chain beyond the last one and
its issuer. In particular I am interested in checking who issued the second
last certificate, but the general problem is: the server is certainly
checking all certificates in the chain and therefore (at least temporarily)
storing information on each issuer and subject somewhere. I need to get hold of
this information through some environment variable. I assume I must add new
environment variables.
How do I do that?
Thank you very much.
Giovanni Porcelli