Thanks, but this doesn't really answer my question. I am fully aware of how
to connect using straight http. I am also aware of how to tunnel my request
through something like sslproxy. However, sslproxy adds a ton of overhead
and plain http is NOT secure. So my question...is there a way to make the
ssl client (that is called through the ProxyPass) connect by either forcing
SSLv3 only OR connecting without TLS (-no_tls)?

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk