Von: Murali K. Vemuri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2001 09:17
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: issuing certificate

hi,
i could make a certificate in the way given by you.
i copied the .crt and .key files into /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt and
../ssl.key/server.key respectively and then restarted the httpd.
after that i set the multi.crt ( i created like this instead of your
suggested
kiwi.crt) and multi.key
paths in the httpd conf file in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file .
i am attaching the relevant portions of the httpd.conf file here.
now, to test whether my certificate works or not, i typed
openssl -x509 -noout -text -in multi.crt
i observe that the certificate is same as was generted by me.
but, when i open netscape and type https://yogi (it is my host name), i get
the
same old certificate
which is "snake oil ' etc.........
can some one tell me how i can get rid of that "snake oil" certificate for
ever ?
is there any documentation available out there?
regards
murali krishna vemuri