What does line 1158 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf contain?  Sure
looks here like yer compilation went wrong and ssl wasn't really included
into the resulting binary, though, again Owen and John will have a better
clue on this, but, that certainly looks like the error is telling you ssl
failed to compile proper or httpd can;t properly find said module.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, ComCity wrote:

> Well that doesn't make a lot of sense....so your saying that "configtest is
> better at error checking than apache is at running?"
>
> Here's the error I get:
>
> Syntax error on line 1158 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration
>
> 8< snip
> #Listen 80
> <VirtualHost 209.10.62.26:80>
> DocumentRoot /home/webs/holisticfamilyandpets
> ServerName www.holisticfamilyandpets.com
> ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/
> /home/webs/holisticfamilyandpets/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/
> ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/
> /home/webs/holisticfamilyandpets/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/
> ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/ /home/webs/holisticfamilyandpets/_vti_bin/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> #Listen 443
> <VirtualHost 209.10.62.26:443>
> DocumentRoot /home/webs/holisticfamilyandpets
> ServerName www.holisticfamilyandpets.com
> # The following line is line 1158
> SSLEngine ON
> SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/certs/holisticfamilyandpets.com.crt
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/certs/holisticfamilyandpets.com.key
> SSLVerifyClient none
> </VirtualHost>

        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com
                  http://darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!