I changed the hostname on my server and created a new certificate to reflect
the change, however, once I installed it, I get an error connecting that
says:
Unable to connect to www.ihtruelsen.2y.net due to unknown SSL error (-8182)

When I ran the sign.sh script, I got an error, so that may be the problem.
This is what I got:

[root@dark-lord root]# ./sign.sh server.csr
CA signing: server.csr -> server.crt:
Using configuration from ca.config
Enter PEM pass phrase:
Check that the request matches the signature
Signature ok
The Subjects Distinguished Name is as follows
countryName           :PRINTABLE:'CA'
stateOrProvinceName   :PRINTABLE:'Manitoba'
localityName          :PRINTABLE:'Winnipeg'
organizationName      :PRINTABLE:'Hellacious Places'
organizationalUnitName:PRINTABLE:'7th Level'
commonName            :PRINTABLE:'www.ihtruelsen.2y.net'
emailAddress          :IA5STRING:'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Certificate is to be certified until Dec 11 21:27:27 2002 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y

1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt: /C=CA/ST=Manitoba/L=Winnipeg/O=Hellacious Places/OU=7th
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=CA/ST=Manitoba/L=Winnipeg/O=Hellacious Places/OU=7th
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure

And this was following the steps on the web site.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is here?

Another quick question:
When I restart my apache server, I am now prompted for the passphrase for my
key. Now, is this going to happen at main startup, after a boot? If so, is
there a way to get around this, as my server is a headless box in the corner
and I can't respond to startup prompts on it?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ian.

Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BA (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current favourite quote:
"No great civilisation likes forests."
K.F. O'Connor
Lincoln College, Christchurch, New Zealand