Mike K wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Before upgrading, one of my virtual domains (ip based) had SSL setup and was
> working fine.  The second domain did not work.  The error was odd according
> to people in IRC support channels, and I was told to upgrade to all of the
> latest versions.

You weren't trying to run two Name-based Virtual Hosts under SSL by any
chance? If you were, that doesn't work:
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC47

> routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch
> routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long
> unable to load key

This looks like your key files are corrupted. No idea how this could
happen. Did you have commercial certificates or self-signed? If
self-signed, better make new ones with your most recent openssl distro.

> NamevirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.44:443
> <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.44:443>

This won't work - if the second VH tries to use the same IP address
(your post is a bit ambiguous on this point, you did mention "changing
IPs").

Assuming you have re-installed apache, mod_ssl and openssl at the latest
versions, you should be able to make certificates that will work. If
not, please post the version numbers you are actually using along with
OS details and confirm/refute the point about NBVHs.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.