Arjen Halma wrote:

> My question is: is it possible to load mod ssl when apache isnt compiled
> whith modssl?
>
> I have a webserver Apache, but modssl is not compiled at the time it was
> made.
>
> Now i want to add modssl is that possible whithout compiling a new
> webserver? I use Debian

If "isn't compiled with mod_ssl" means "isn't compiled with -DEAPI", then
mod_ssl can work only if your Apache version is 2.0.* (well, theoretically
you can port mod_ssl from the current model - zillion patches in the core
of Apache - to the model that modules like mod_gzip are using, so it will
not require patches in the core of Apache, but only the addition of a
module. But this will be very hard to do, will take months to develop, and
the result may be not as good as the current mod_ssl. And in any case, by
the time you end such a project, Apache 2.0 will become the main version
of Apache...).

--
Eli Marmor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]