Sir SoilentG_kov wrote:

> I've been looking thru the mod_ssl users archives and have learned that I
> can't do SSL on Virtual Hosts that are name based.  I've seen that it is
> possible to use it on Virtual Hosts with IP based.

Correct. Also, port based...

> Are these IP based hosts separate computers or can they be "Virtual IP's"
> all pointing to the same computer?  What I want to do is have two domain
> names routed to my Linux Web Server and have them both have separate certs.
> However, I have no clue how I'd go about setting up two IP's that point to
> the same box... doesn't make sense to me so I'm guessing it's not
> possible... but would love it if it does.

It is entirely possible. Any single interface card (i.e. the physical
device, e.g. eth0) can listen to many IP addresses. On an internet
connected unix machine the basic procedure is:

- obtain two IP addresses (on the same network - e.g. 192.168.1.1 and
192.168.1.2)
- define your two sites in DNS
  (these two points are done via your ISP usually)

- use "ifconfig" to make your NIC listen to the two IPs
  (see man pages for more detail on this command)

- configure apache to "Listen" to the two IPs and
- define two VHs for each IP e.g.

Listen 192.168.1.1
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1>
  ServerName www.site1.com