-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Eric Webber
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: newbie mod_ssl questions

I have a linux box that came with Apache  preinstalled and in the httpd.conf
there are entries such as

<IfDefine HAVE_SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module     modules/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

which would seem to indicate mod ssl is loaded
but when I go to https://myserver.com  I get nothing.
How can I tell if ssl is really loaded, and what is the
best faq to read for my situation, i.e. I have apache 1.3.20 RedHat,
OpenSSL version 0.9.6b, on redhat version 2.4.7-10.
Is there a simple way to list all my modules that are actually
loaded dynamically ?  [I know the static command]

I want to simply provide ssl encryption of web sessions between
known and unknown clients and our webserver.

I have attached a copy of my httpd.conf file.

warmest regards,

Eric Sean Webber